Sunday, July 23, 2006

I'm trying to be quiet. And it isn't easy.

No, this is no vow of silence, nothing prompted by any kind of bet ("Hey, betcha can't be quiet for 24 hours!"), or any kind of spontaneous idea I've decided to try for a while. I really need to be quiet.

One of the first things I remember anyone saying about me was that I talked too much. And here I am, 45 chatty years later, and it's still what people say about me. Don't get me wrong --- I'm not usually all that concerned about what people think of me. But this is different. I have no doubt that there are people who don't want to be around me because I talk so much...maybe people who screen their calls and only answer when they know they have a substantial amount of time for a conversation with me. There may be people who don't want to read my blog because I write too much!

But I'm willing to take the risk and use this as another outlet for all the thoughts and ideas I feel the need to express. Because it's not fun, trying to change who I am. And it is that much a part of me. I don't know if I can do it. If you believe in prayer, as I do, please pray for me in this endeavor.

No comments: