Thursday, April 26, 2007

Okay, okay...Due to all my clamoring fans, (you can tell they're clamoring by all their comments) I'll be updating my blog much more often from now on. The subjects may be varied, but I hope to include more posts relating to art, and post more pix of the things I'm doing in that regard. It seems I'm rather distractable and undisciplined, and may need a bit of accountability, even if it's only to myself and my imaginary readers. (Did I ever tell you about my childhood imaginary friends? Yeah, that's a whole 'nother post...)

So art-wise, I've just finished, or almost finished, redecorating my bedroom. I have the before pictures, which I'll post soon, and then, as soon as I finish a painting for above the bed, I'll take the after pix. That's not the only artwork I've done for the room, so perhaps I'll take some after pix in the next day or two. I will say that I consider the whole room an art project; I made the curtains, pillows, a tablecloth, etc., and feel a great sense of artistic satisfaction in the (almost!) finished room.

My next project will be to make some painted tote bags for various folks. I made several for a neice, but the forgot to take pictures, but I really enjoy adding trim, appliques, etc., but I had the most fun on the one I painted flowers on with a mixture of different kinds of fabric paints. Loads of fun and I think it turned out quite pretty. I may have to recreate it...

Alrighty then. There's the first of the new posts. Hope to see you often.

No comments: